ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional JspcTest.java
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:24:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gert Driesen" <gert.driesen@pandora.be>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2002 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional
JspcTest.java

> Hi Steve,
>
> I seems that the scandir method in the Jspc class does not take the
package
> attribute into account.

not yet no :)

> If a package was specified and the destDir/package (converted to path)
> exists, the java file (if it was already generated before) would be
located
> in a package underneath the destDir path.

it is more complicated than just this

the task has to resolve all source directories relative to the uriroot and
decide packages for all of them, *and* jasperc has to save stuff into that
tree.

> So you should compare the last modified date of the java file in the
> destDir/package location with the jsp file in de srcDir location.

yup, but it will fall out of proper dir tree handling

> I think you should also throw a BuildException if the source file that's
> passed to the mapToJavaFile method isn't a jsp page.

this I dont know about; we just ignore them, which is consistent with
<javac>