ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Exporting a Project Instance
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2002 00:42:20 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch_ml@yahoo.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2002 3:20 PM
Subject: RE: Exporting a Project Instance

> Don't forget the huge number of tasks that aren't part of the Ant source
> tree.  Task is very much part of Ant's public API.  Which means we can't
> just change Task from class to interface.

you could add an interface Taskable and make Task implement it; anything
else which implemented Taskable would say not only that they had execute(),
but that they implemented whatever other methods went in there.

But I dont know what impact that has on 3rd party subclasses of task which
want to run on 1.5 and previous versions of ant; it is getting into JLS spec
details that I like to steer clear of.