ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: new feature: RecorderEntry accepts -emacs
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 00:19:23 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "stephan beal" <stephan@wanderinghorse.net>

> org.apache.tools.ant.util.StringUtils:
> added
>     public static boolean getBooleanValue( String s );
>     public static String getStringValue( boolean b );
>
> They treat the following String values as boolean true (case-insensitive):
>   true, on, yes, 1, yessireebob (no, i'm not kidding)

Congratulations!  You've just recreated Project.toBoolean :))

But seriously.... I'm glad to see you digging into Ant's source code and
being vocal about it.  The more the merrier!

    Erik

> ---------------------------------
> public static final String EMACS_MODE_FLAG = "emacsMode";

Since you're making this a property, it should be prefixed with "ant.", and
probably not have uppercase characters just to stay consistent.
ant.emacs.mode

> org.apache.tools.ant.RecorderEntry:
> - now applies emacsMode check to all log() and messageLogged() calls (even
> debuggering calls to log() ).

But shouldn't you take into account the setEmacsMode setting of
RecorderEntry?!

    Erik