ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <>
Subject Re: One more for Javac: compiler or implementation
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:54:49 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <>

> On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, stephan beal <> wrote:
> > i think technically 'implementation' is the better word, but from a
> > user perspective i would find 'compiler' more appropriate, i
> > think.
> Probably yes.  I also want to add the same features to <rmic> and
> Steve has similar code in <jspc> - in both cases compiler would work
> as well.
> implementation could be applied to other future facade tasks as well,
> though.

"implementation" does not say much of anything.
And "compilerImplementation" is really too long. So I like "compiler".
Another reason is that the value of the attribute is not an implementation
(e.i., the name of a class implemting some compiler) what it is is the name
of a compiler, from a list of known compilers. Hence I think compiler
is much more accurate.

Jose Alberto

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>