ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional JspcTest.java
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 05:24:16 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gert Driesen" <gert.driesen@pandora.be>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional
JspcTest.java

> I don't yet see how the current implementation of the JspC task will
support
> other jsp compilers :

we'll deal with that when we come to it. If you have a particular back end
in mind, lets get started on it.

> - other compilers accept or even require other/more commandline options

cut and paste from <javac>

> - other compiler have other rules for mapping jsp files to java files (for
> example, the weblogic jsp compiler will also convert the filename of the
jsp
> to lowercase, although it can be controlled by a option, and will insert
'_'
> at the start of the filename, so the jsp file 'SearchFile.jsp' will map to
> '_searchfile.java')

I am aware of that fact; the JRun back end is the example. I have not yet
committed some changes which move this to the compiler...whateever compiler
you have is the source of a mangler.

One thing I am unsure about is how to to do dir naming? Should that be the
responsibility of javac or do implementations want to override?

It may actually be simplest to have the back end implementation take the
patterns and sort it out themselves (the default implementation will be
workable)

Also, I am minding towards making uriroot a requirement so we can handle
subdirectories better, and report a better error mesage when you try to
compile a file out of the tree (all you get now is an empty stack exception.
Seem reasonable.