ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Name collisions
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 00:29:49 GMT
Hi,

As far as I can see in the current ANT1 code, there seems to be no provisions on what happens
if I define
a task and a datatype using the same name. The definer tasks do not check across different
namespaces.

It seems that Datatype definitions always take precedence over task definitions. Since under
<antlib>
now we have the means to treat this issue in a proper way, I would like to know what do you
think
should be the correct thing to do.

To make clear what is the situation I am referring to let me formalize it:

    - Given two roles, A & B, triggered by the same container interface (e.g., task and
data-type) and given that
        a particular element name, N, is registered in role A, what should be the correct
behaviour when one attempts to
        register N in B.

    Should the new definition be (a) rejected; (b) override the definition on A; (c) ignored.

Jose Alberto