ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject another presentation which talks about ant
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 05:44:54 GMT

Not a single line of a build file, but a slide set on what it is like to
build production web services, and how to set up a software engineering
process to do it better. Ant, Junit, cruise control, all are central to such
a process. Written and presented by one S. Loughran. Sam Ruby was actually
in the audience, which is something I only found out afterwards. Good thing
I didnt say anything bad about the Gump.

When Web Services Go Bad

The title of this talk is meant to conjure up the vision of some late night
cable TV show "we take you behind the scenes of colocation sites, finding
the worst web services in existence", interviewing the people using them,
managing them, integrating them, before finally catching up with the
developer team on their doorsteps, asking them "why did you produce such a

If such a show existed, would you be on it? I am going to tell you how to
avoid that, without getting the government to give you a new identity under
the Developer Relocation Program.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message