ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant ProjectHelper.java
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:37:08 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <stevel@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-ant-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 10:30 PM
Subject: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant
ProjectHelper.java

> stevel      02/03/18 22:30:52
>
>   Modified:    src/main/org/apache/tools/ant ProjectHelper.java
>   Log:
>   no code changes, only comments to make sense of what is going on

an interesting bit of code there. From what I see

1.  a $ at the end of the line is auto inserted .
2.  anything other than a { following a $ is inserted into the string.

so it is not just $$ escaping, it is meant to escape anything.

what does that mean for a rewrite which inserts the single $ except when a
double $$ is found? Not a lot, as far as I can see; it should all work.