ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject XML Catalog, DTDs and Schema stuff
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2002 07:50:43 GMT

I have just been playing with XmlCatalog, and very nice it is too to be able
to reuse references. However, we do now need the <xmlvalidate> task to add
support for the datatype too, so that you can share the same dtd between
validation and styling.

Also

1. catalog files? That'd be nice to share stuff over projects. you could
just have a big list of URIa and their local versions

2. resource loading with a <classpath> element? <xmlvalidate> can map a
publicID to a resource, but only in the current classpath, so you have to
have things like j2ee.jar in ant\lib.

3. (a followon issue) what do we need to do get XML Schema to work?

I think setting compiler="xerces" is enough to get schema based XML files to
validate, but uri resolution is another matter.  When I run it the log goes

[xmlvalidate] Could not resolve ( publicId: , systemId: sample-file.xsd) to
a local entity

-Steve