ant-dev mailing list archives

From <...@cloud9.net>
Subject RE: [Contribution] EJB Hot deployment task
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:38:46 GMT
Erik,

Thanks for the commit.  Regarding your issues:

- I originally had it so it could take a list of vendors.  For some
reason I changed it, but it seems better to have it iterate over
multiple vendors.  I will change it back.

- I will patch the default properties next with the next patch.  Should
I merge my docs with the official html docs?

- AbstractEjbHotDeploymentTool extends Task so I essentially get the
attributes set on the vendor-specific elements for free.  I knew it did
"feel" right, but the only alterative is to have the EjbDeploy task
support all the attributes for all the vendor-specific elements  and
pass them down in a config structure class.  I felt this coupled the
EjbDeploy task too much with the vendor-specific element tasks.  Every
new attribute that is introduced with a vendor-specific element would
have to be added to the EjbDeploy task.  Any thoughts?

- I totally agree with moving the execute to the abstract element class.
That actually started bothering me as soon as I submitted the
contribution.  I will go ahead and make that change.

- I will take a look at the situation with project.createTask.  I have
to put some thought into it.  Will check it out.

I also want to get rid of making password a required attribute on the
task.  Looking at some other implementations of deployment tools, I feel
this requirement may to too strict on the task itself.  The
vendor-elements should setup the requirements.

I might as well do Jboss with this update.  That way I get a good feel
as to how flexible the framework is, and I can make any changes that
need be made then.  Unfortunately, I have never worked with Websphere,
but once I get stuff done I can check into including their deployment
stuff.

- Chris