ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Re: FileUtils - why do we need instances?
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:49:07 GMT
Actually, no I got a version created that was completely compatible with
the existing test suite, and intent of the code.  I do no think that I
broke backwards compatibility.

We need to look into that and make sure that was the case, because I am
interested in getting those changes commited before there is an Ant
1.5.

As far as I could tell, nothing was broken on any other platform.
Granted, for me that was only Windows (NT 4), and Linux..., but that
covers a lot right there.

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
http://www.novell.com

>>> bodewig@apache.org 2/21/02 12:00:05 AM >>>
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:

> The initial design was so that you could potentially provide
> alternative implementations for different filesystems.

Well, we may end up doing it that even in Ant 1.x - providing a
different implementation for Netware that is.

Some of the things Jeff Tulley has done to support Netware (not
committed) would break backwards compatibility on all systems except
Netware but are still needed there.

Stefan