ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cullers
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:06:30 GMT
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:34, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
>> > * FileSet is a set
>>
>> of existing files, agreed.
>
> I disagree. A FileSet created from one of the existing scanners
> probably requires this but it is not inherent in the concept or the
> implementation that I can recall.

OK, but there is no way to get the contents of a FileSet other than
using a scanner.  Magesh's selector proposal plugs into the scanner
mechanism as does Brice's culler proposal.

If we are talking about something completely different, that's fine,
but this may be the reason that I can't follow you. 8-)

>> I wouldn't call this a transformation of the set, maybe this could
>> be handled by a different concept <decorator> or something similar.
>
> Maybe - I vaguely recall coming up with another name that you didn't
> mind in the past ... hmmm forget it atm ;)

Thinking about it again, I like <decorator>.

Stefan