ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dealing with ClassLoaders
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:35:37 GMT
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:

> It may not solve all the current problems, but I think it
> can solve most of them.

I'm not against using a new mechanism for new things - starting to
ship new tasks in ant libraries and people have to import them
explicitly and to specify the classloader to use would help a lot.

But for the existing tasks:  People will not want to explicitly import
<junit> when they had it on their system classpath and it worked like
a charm so far.

Even worse, a build file that used a new feature like named
classloaders wouldn't work in Ant 1.4.1, not talking about Ant 1.3 ;-)

Stefan