ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ids from paths not propogated through antcalls unless path is top-level
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:43:38 GMT
On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Colin Sampaleanu <colinml1@exis.com> wrote:

> If I don't do this, then what effectively happens is that if I have
> multiple targets in the dependency chain which say they depende on
> init, as well as some other target, init will be called multiple
> times,

No.  If all you have are depends attributes on targets and no <ant> or
<antcall> tasks are involved, every target will be executed at most
once per build.  Where

ant A B

counts as two builds, just to clarify.

If you see some different behavior, you've found a bug - and we'd like
to have a testcase to reproduce it, of course 8-).

> if antcall also lost properties,

<antcall inheritall="false" /> does - and it has been added in Ant 1.4.

Stefan