ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What is going on in ANT1.x
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:54:08 GMT
On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, Magesh Umasankar <umagesh@apache.org> wrote:

> 1. Are these hints for us to get another
> release out the door?

Probably yes.

> 2. Do we have any major feature addition
> in mind for Ant 1.5?  If so, what are they?

I still have a lengthy TODO list, but no chance of ever cutting down
on it anyway.

I'd really like to have an <antlib> implementation.  What I wanted to
do is to compare the descriptors in Myrmidon, Mutant and Jose
Alberto's proposal.  If we can unify them and the ideas behind them,
then we have defined how we want them to work in Ant2 and can savely
implement a subset for Ant 1.  At least I hope this is possible.

I hope I can do something in that area during the next week.

This is the only major thing apart from a whole bunch of small
improvements, but the number of small things is always growing, so
this shouldn't really stop us.

Stefan