ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: optional task for etags
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:31:25 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Damian O'Neill <Damian.ONeill@aepona.com> wrote:
> Apologies if I am incorrect, I am unsure if this is the correct
> mailing list, or the correct procedure for submitting this mail too.

It is the correct mailing list.

> If you feel that this maybe useful, feel free to use/distribute it.

Some comments:

* why do you run etags once for every file instead of passing more
files to it at once?

* You shouldn't use the one String-arg exec method, this will lead to
trouble if the file names contain spaces.  You better ...

* use Ant's execution framework - see org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute
which will allow you to ...

* specify the directory in which to create the TAGS file as the task
will now always use the current working directory.

Using Execute would also make the task more likely to work on non-Unix
platforms although I don't know whether etags has been ported there.

Stefan