ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Speaking of deprecation...
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 10:47:35 GMT
On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Stephane Bailliez <stephane.bailliez@haht.com>
wrote:
>> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
>> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Stephane Bailliez <sbailliez@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Yep, some found this stylesheet too risky to be put in the
>> > documentation.  :-)
>>
>> Maybe we should cover it with testcases, doesn't seem to be too
>> difficult.
>
> Depends on what you have in mind for the testcases.

(1) Create a build file that uses the deprecated stuff and (2) add
testcases that assert this build file does as advertised. (3) run
ant-update.xsl over this build file and (4) run the same testcases
again - they should test targets.

I'll see whether I can come up with some simple things over my
prolonged weekend.

> It's just a little bit difficult to figure what was deprecated. Can
> a grep 'deprecated' on docs and manual give us an overview of this ?

I think so.

> but the stylesheet should not become too complicated

<renameextensions> is one case:

I know exactly how you have to write a <move> task that does the same,
the deprecation message of the task will even tell you in detail, but
I have a hard time putting this into XSLT - at least until I've
started to really read something instead of figuring out how it works
by looking at the code of others. 8-)

Stefan