ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Taskdef Classloader change (was RE: Custom Ant tasks and classpath issue)
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:23:06 GMT
On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Ted Neward <tneward@javageeks.com> wrote:

> You *could* always create your ClassLoaders to be off the main CL
> delegation tree....
>
> URLClassLoader ucl = new URLClassLoader(userURLs, null);

Sure - even without URLClassLoader (Ant 1.x is JDK 1.1 compatible).

We'd always have to make it option, though, as people using older
versions of Ant rely on Ant using the CLASSPATH.

> Extension dirs (which you guys don't seem to like anyway)

(1) what happens on multi user boxes - I don't want to set system
properties every time I do not want to have the stuff that my sysadmin
has put into the extdir.

(2) versioning.

(3) you forget that you've put something in there.

others may have even longer lists.

All this is true for ANT_HOME/lib, obviously.

Stefan