ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/util DateUtilsTest.java
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:06:11 GMT
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:

> refresh my memory - what does the message say?

The one I've added or the one that has been there before?

        log("This attribute will be unsupported before Ant1.5 is released.",

has been there since 2002-01-07, I've made it two calls to the log
method so that lines get broken.

> and if you weren't going to remove anything why would you need the
> message ?

Why do we need any DEPRECATED messages?

We want to tell people which attributes and tasks are the ones we are
planing to support in Ant2.  The file attribute of <zip> will not be
part of it, neither will be <javadoc2>.

Stefan