ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We need to stop the lies
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:07:20 GMT
Cool subject line 8-)

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> In <style> it says that you can use any processor you like by
> specifying it in method and pitting it in the <classpath>
> element. IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS IN THE CLASSPATH AND YOU DO
> NOT USE optional.jar.

it does not work unless it is in the CLASSPATH *or* you remove
optional.jar from ANT_HOME/lib, no?

I'd rather add a FAQ.

On second thought, now that the distribution contains optional.jar and
doesn't need to be downloaded separately: What do people think of
breaking optional.jar into several pieces cut along the dependencies,
optional-junit.jar, optional-trax.jar and so on.  That way we can tell
people that xalan.jar and optional-trax.jar must be in the same
classpath, either both in CLASSPATH|ANT_HOME/lib or none of them but
both in the nested <classpath> element of <style>.

Stefan