ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <javac>, System.exit() and security managers
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:23:58 GMT
On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:

> because there is no security manager in place to catch calls to
> System.exit(), which is at odds with my vague recollections.

It was there for a very short period of time, but it doesn't work with
JDK 1.1.

If we wanted to implement the security manager for >= 1.2, it should
be delegating most stuff to a possible present parent SecurityManager
as we cannot assume that the current security manager is null, when
Ant starts - IDE's that integrate Ant directly will most likely
install security managers of their own.

Stefan