ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We need to stop the lies
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:53:03 GMT
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> If libA needs things from libB, his approach will
> declare that "libA extends libB" which is fine unless
> libA also needs things from libC. Now you cannot do it
> because we have single inheritance (i.e., a
> classloader onl has one parent classloader).

That's not my understanding.  libB would cause libA and libC to loaded
a second time, this time in a class loader accessible by libB.

> And after all if for some reason you really need to have one of them
> in the CLASSPATH, you can always do that by moving it to ant/lib.

So we'd tell people "if you encounter class loader problems in Ant
1.4.1, you most likely have to move some jar out of ANT_HOME/lib and
if your encounter them in Ant 1.5 you have to move some jar into
ANT_HOME/lib"?

> As for the core tasks, those should stay in ant/lib since after all
> they are core.

problems.

Stefan