ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: optional task for etags
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:00:14 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Damian O'Neill <Damian.ONeill@aepona.com> wrote:

> I based this on the implementation of touch in the CVS repository.

<chmod> would have been closer - this one simply extends <apply> and
you get most stuff for free (would work for the etags case as well, I
guess).

> I have been using it solely with .java files(no spaces), therefore I
> have not come across this problem.

I bet you'll find people using MacOS X boxes where the Java sources
are in a directory named /home/whoever/My First Java Project for X/src.
For all traditional Unix users, spaces in filenames are rather
bizarre, but there is a new kind of users coming on board. 8-)

> could you suggest a task from the CVS repository that is a good
> example of using org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute.

The generic example would be ExecTask, the implementation of <exec>
which does a lot thing you don't want to do (like setting environment
variables).

Stefan