ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dealing with ClassLoaders
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:45:51 GMT
On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> So what, it that is your case, you could either:
>
>     a) move your task out of the CLASSPATH and into the same
>     ./autolib subdirectory as where JunitTask lives (e.g.,
>     ./autolib/junit/junittask.jar)
>
>     b) move JunitTask's jar back into ./lib/junittask.jar
>
>     c) add %ANT_HOME%/autolib/junit/junittask.jar to your CLASSPATH
>     for the build.

I could probably quote you to the effect of "what, you expect me to
change my Ant installation if I decide to write my enhanced JUnit
task"?  I'm kidding here - all I wanted to demonstrate was that your
changes would break backwards compatibility as things that worked out
of the box in Ant 1.4.1 wouldn't do so any longer.

>     d) do not put things in your CLASSPATH, bad practice, and
>     instead use: <taskdef name="myjunit"

I completely agree with you, that not putting anything into CLASSPATH
would be the better option to begin with, but we cannot enforce that
now.

Stefan