ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdef s Zip.java
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:22:51 GMT
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:

> - it makes it possible to write build files that work with multiple
> versions of ant

At the danger of turning in circles here 8-), Jon assumed (and so do
I) that there will be a tool that transforms your Ant 1.x build file
into a valid Ant 2.x build file that also works on 1.x.

> I think someone already did set up a sandard - it is the current
> DTD, set by all the ant commiters.

So we have done a bad job on reviewing contributed tasks.  In reality
it is not the current set of Ant committers, but the set of code
contributors.  Ant has a lot of code in it that has not originally
been written by a committer, this is different from most other
projects, I guess.

Stefan