ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We need to stop the lies
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:53:18 GMT
On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> It is just if people have their own tasks that make bad assumptions
> about things in CLASSPATH.

"bad" but correct assumptions, yes, for Ant 1.4.1 anyway.

> Now if that is not extremely bizzar(sp?) I am waiting for someone to
> explain me the logic of that.

Jose Alberto, you don't need to convince anybody that Ant 1.4.1 class
systems that relied on this broken behavior - and it has been broken
long enough that we cannot say "oops, a bug, we've fixed it" IMHO.

> Are we using the TreadContextClassLoader properly on those tasks?

Probably not, need to check.

> Yes, maybe in a JVM1.1 you may need to put more things in the
> CLASSPATH but hey, you have to give people some reason to update ;-)

If they can - I'd love to run OpenBSD instead of Linux on my servers

Stefan