ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Official direction for xdocs
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:41:16 GMT
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Paul Hammant <Paul_Hammant@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The technology I talk in widespread use on Apache projects is
> xml-documents (styled to html for websites) known as xdocs.  Here is
> a snippet :

OK, so you are using the term xdocs in a more limited way then I had
assumed.  Many projects - including Ant - generate HTML from XML that
uses a different DTD than stylebook.  And they call theirs xdocs too.

So if all you want is to use stylebook, use the latest released
version of Ant, the optional.jar from the binary download area (the
next release will include optional.jar in the binaries, so it is a
single download). And include stylebook.jar in ANT_HOME/lib.

I do have a very difficult time to find stylebook, apart from building
it from CVS, though.  The later is not Ant's fault, but just a sign
that stylebook is an unsupported technology IMHO.

Stefan