ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/docs/manual/OptionalTasks script.html
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:41:13 GMT
The number of patternsets I've needed is roughly the same as the
number of optional-*.jars we have to create if we want to slice them
into pieces depending on the external libraries they need.

I'd say we keep a single optional.jar that contains all classes with
no external dependency, those that depend on the JDK version and those
that depend on sun.* or com.sun.* classes as these cannot get into
classloader trouble.

All others would go into separate jars, that would be one for each
patternset between needs.trax and needs.jdepend - with one exception
VAJ*Servlet require VAJ and Servlet-API, I'd collapse that into the
archive for VAJ in general.

This results in 23 new archives.

Conor, are the three needs.weblogic.* sets really distinct or can one
assume that if I have one of them in a specific classpath, I'd have
the others there as well?  Please note that I've dropped the
ejbjar.support property and duplicated the excludes in needs.jdk1.2+
and needs.jakarta.bcel.

I've installed all freely available dependencies now - except for
XSL:P which I cannot find any more - and run the tests.  I found some
issues that I had not seen so far, XalanLiaisonTest depends on BSF for
example, I hope I've caught all strange cross dependencies.

How are you guys running the tests in forked mode?  I had to add
${java.class.path} to <junit>'s classpath to get the XML parser there.

Stefan