ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Antidote
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:11:26 GMT
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Christoph Wilhelms
<Christoph.Wilhelms@impress.com> wrote:

> BTW: Do you know how the mime-types of the jakarta.apache.org-apache
> are set, because I'd like to "Web-Start" Antidote.

The same way you do it with any other Apache httpd 2.x installation
that you don't have administrative control over 8-)

First, you should check, whether it doesn't use the correct mime type
right from the start, it could very well be, that it is already
configured to support webstart.

After that, use AddType in a .htaccess file, see
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_mime.html#addtype>.

I've changed the mime type for .foo files in my home directory on
cvs.apache.org to text/html - see
<http://cvs.apache.org/~bodewig/example.foo>.  There is a single line
in my .htaccess and it reads:

AddType text/html .foo

Finally, if that works and you need the same mime type in several
directories, convince somebody with administrative power over the
global configuration file to make that change permanent.

Stefan