ant-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Speaking of deprecation...
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 06:33:14 GMT
On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Well, if companies were losing money because their websites were
> inaccessible to the majority of their (potential) customers then they would
> downgrade their HTML to accomodate.  Apparently its not too much of an issue
> because rest of the world has upgraded their browsers (lets not get into any
> monopoly discussions here - we're on a tangent as it is).  While I'm sure
> you're not the only Netscape 2 or lynx user out there still, you're
> certainly in the minority browser-wise, and more than likely
> deprecation-usage wise too.

I'm talking about Linux + Mozilla 0.9.8.
I also tried Opera, Konqueror ( which happen to work with Datek for
example if you make it pretend is IE ), all versions of Netscape
Communicator. I even installed Knonqueror3.
So I have no problem with upgrading my browser - I do have a problem
with downgrading my OS.

It seems many companies didn't care if they lose money anyway,
and I doubt too many in the company realize that a slow and
bloated site is making them lose even more.

Costin