ant-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: TaskAdapter and execute()
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:22:26 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Peter Donald wrote:

> I would prefer you write a new <taskdef/> that worked with whatever rules you
> wanted to use and used your own adapter rather than growing ants base adapter

This is a simple extension to the 'base' adapter. It is backward
compatible.

Adding a new Taskdef and a new TaskAdapter will just cause confusion
and mess - and will be difficult to keep in sync with the original.

By this logic we should have a new <zip> task when somebody adds a
different attribute or functionality ?

Costin