ant-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Re: We need to stop the lies
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:09:27 GMT
On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Peter Donald wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:19, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
> > > That nothing needs to be changed as all is good now.
> >
> > Are you trying to say that the <style> <ejbjar> etc. task are working
> > advertised, and that it should be just natural that people need to pick
> > appart the jars that we shipped to get their work done?
> I am saying that within the bounds of ant1 theres not much you can do to fix
> it without breaking somebodys setup.

What are the 'bounds' of ant1, and what is "ant1" ? We are talking about
making the change in _ant_ ( targeting ant-1.5 release ).
So far attributes were renamed without any concern to 'breaking
somebody's setup' - upgrading ant actually meant breaking everybody's

The proposal doesn't brake the build.xml format ( it extends it ),
it'll work in most cases, solves an itch for many people,
and it's a clear improvement to ant.

Do you have a better solution - great, propose it and we can
discuss the technical details.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message