ant-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: ScriptDef
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:15:44 GMT
On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Peter Donald wrote:

> > <targetdef target='foo' name='footask' >
> >    <param name='param1' />
> > </targetdef>
> >
> > With the behavior beeing that of <antcall>
> > Again, something like that can be implemented as a taskdef-like
> > task in ant1.x, in an add-on jar.
>
> Not without other extreme uglies being introduced that the committers have
> vetoed time and time again. It would almost mandate scoping or mutable
> properties and recursive property reolution which has also been vetoed.

The only change that may be required in ant's core is to introduce a
better task registry - which actually makes the code much cleaner.
Something like a TaskRegistry class, which can handle both the current
Class and a TaskFactory. Project will just call it, so it's 100%
backward compatible, new tasks will use the new API.

I would be curious to see a valid reason for vetoing such change.

For the rest - it's just <ant> task with minor changes ( and it doesn't
have to be part of ant, so no veto matter ).

Costin