ant-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: What is going on in ANT1.x
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 19:04:13 GMT
On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

> Yeap, it would have been nice if the list had had a
> chance to discuss the implementation before it was
> committed. One of the problems I see, is that when
> code gets put in by committers, in very few occacions
> other review the code. So when a problem is found it
> is ussually to late, because there is a release
> already out.

Maybe we can use the documentation to improve this
situation ?

When something becomes 'documented', it is official.
Changes that are not documented can change. The documented
behavior of build.xml is what matters for most users -
that's the equivalent of a specification.

So even if a commit is not reviewed enough ( a diff is
not allways enough to understand the implications ),
the change in documentation should be clean enough.

Costin