ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: We need to stop the lies
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:08:35 GMT
> From: Jose Alberto Fernandez [mailto:j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com]
>
> The last time I tried I would get an error that weblogic.ejbc20
> (or something like that)
> was not found. Eventhough the class was there in the weblogic jar.

I'll be happy to help sort out any issues. It may be a bug in ejbjar in
which case I would like to fix it. The intent is certainly that you can run
without Weblogic in the classpath. Note that ejbjar will use DTDs from
weblogic from the classpath if it can find them. If not, you need to specify
<dtd> elements.

> I will try again and see if I can manage to make it work. We were
> using ANT 1.4.1
> if I remember correctly. Is your test on a nightly build?

My test is from CVS HEAD - not a nightly build as such.

> Finally, is there a way to indicate that things are in a libray
> which would be included
> in the ear file and hence should not be added to the jar. How
> about one jar using
> definitions from another via "theOther.jar#MyOtherBean" syntax.

I have been thinking about this. I'll be doing some work on ejbjar in the
coming weeks.

> I guess we seem to need a <earjar> task that can do the whole thing.
> Any ideas?

Maybe <earcandle>. My wife says these are great for removing all sorts of
nasties :-)

Conor