ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: Speaking of deprecation...
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 00:13:56 GMT
Magesh,

I think you missed Bruce's point. Consider this scenario:

You are given a build file. It uses some deprecated features. You are asked
to bring it up to date. If the documentation doesn't specify what the
deprecated features do, how can you confidently make the changes.

I agree with Bruce. Documentation should reflect the code.
If a feature is in the code, it should be in the documentation
If a feature is deprecated in the code, it should be marked as deprecated in
the documentation but it should still be described.

Conor