ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: We need to stop the lies
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 05:41:12 GMT
Jose Alberto,

> From: Jose Alberto Fernandez [mailto:j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com]
> So what is your point? Does mutant or myrmidom proposals do this
> right now?

Mutant provides two mechanisms for dealing with classpath/classloader issues. One is the "extends"
concept. This is for libraries which want to share task and type definitions. I have considered
making this support multi-parent operation. It has some drawbacks but I am working through
them.

The second is to be able to specify <libpaths> for libraries allowing these libraries
to pick up additional dependencies. This is more closely related to your named classloader
but the name is from the unique id of the library rather than a directory location.

If you remember my scriptdef email, it had the following in the build file

   <libpath libraryid="antopt.script"
            file="/blah/bsf.jar"/>
   <libpath libraryid="antopt.script"
            file="/blah/js.jar"/>

Since you don't want, in general, absolute paths in build files, these can be specified in
a user config file. Config files come from ANT_HOME/conf, the users .ant directory or as specified
on the command line.

Conor