ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: antlib descriptor
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 04:32:11 GMT
> From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
>
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:01, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> > > From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
> > >
> > > However the notion of
> > > TaskContainers was not 100% supported (and still isn't) because the
> > > stdout/sterr was not redirected to the correct task and so forth.
> >
> > What makes you say that?
>
> because it was never implemented ?

This is what the DemuxOutputStream does. The Project records which task is currently active
on each thread and then, when System.out/System.err is generated, it routes it to the current
task on that thread. The methods handleOutput, handlerErr are used to receive the output.
The default is to send an appropriate log message but a task can override it to receive its
own output.

That is there now. Is that what we are talking about?

Conor