ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: ScriptDef
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 23:44:42 GMT
> From: Tim Vernum [mailto:Tim.Vernum@macquarie.com]
>
> From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
>
> > Similar to what I prototyped except with a syntax that did away with
> > getters. Essentially it was simplified to just
> >
> > <scriptdef name="scripttest" language="javascript">
> >   <param name="test" default="hello"/>
>
> +1

My motivation was to make scripted tasks somewhat similar to a real task, as would be written
in Java, particularly when using Rhino. I thought that would make it useful for quickly prototyping
a task for later development in Java and also to introduce people to task development.

In addition, the way I implemented <scriptdef> it can support nested elements, which
are potentially repeated

<scriptedTask>
    <fileset ...>
    <fileset ...>
</scriptedTask>

It is hard to support that capability with simple named parameters.

Thoughts?

Conor