ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Oxspring" <roxspr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Integrated Reporting (Was RE: JDepend frames XSL w/ link fixup)
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 00:06:05 GMT
I've been pondering about integrating the report docs and wondered what others had to say.

I'd like to find a solution that can scale to any combination of the tools so the first question
to ask is are there any other report / analysis tools out there that should be included?
Checkstyle and maybe JavaNCSS spring to mind but what else do people use?

I'm assuming that all the reporting tools can spit out an xml version, and can get these for
jUnit,JDepend,Checkstyle,JavaNCSS but could someone post some samples (or links to) from the
other tools - preferably using the ant source tree as a reference.

In terms of output I'm envisaging a framed JavaDoc style setup with each package and class/file
having some summary page backed up by a page per tool and a link to javadocs if available.
 For example with just junit and ncss being used you might get:

/report
	/stylesheet.css
	/index.html
	/overview.html
	/overview.junit.html
	/overview.ncss.html
	/<package>/overview.html
	/<package>/overview.junit.html
	/<package>/overview.ncss.html
	/<package>/<class/file>.overview.html
	/<package>/<class>.overview.junit.html
	/<package>/<file>.overview.ncss.html

Does this pattern fit all cases?

Finally, I'm currently hoping that I can avoid writing another task and just build a target
full of standard tasks.  If this is going to work then some concatenation of files will surely
be involved somewhere along the line... So can I nudge a committer to commit one of the past
concat submissions :)

Thoughts?

Rob