ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: VFS
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:08:10 GMT

Excellent.

> but there is a lot of reference to avalon project (Resource, Component)
> I can add another project in mine  so if i want to use your VFS
> i need to modify the source code !

Why can't you use Avalon code?  It's another Jakarta project, so there's no
difference between the VFS code and the Avalon code.  You just need to grab
the Avalon Jar files.

Avalon isn't the only external project that the VFS uses, either.  The FTP
provider requires Netcomponents, and the SMB provider requires jCIFS.  Any
new providers will most likely use an external project or two.

> In your opinion, what is the state of VFS: experimental, fonctionnal,
> tested, ....

Experimental.

> By using it, i will find, i think , bug or remarks. How do you send them ?
> (email,cvs)

Send in comments and bug reports via email.  In particular, feedback about
usability would be good.  Also, patches for bug fixes and new features would
be great.

Adam