ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [SUBMIT] Refactor & combination of mail tasks
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 09:03:22 GMT

Hi,

Some backward-compatibility questions:

* What do we do with the <mimemail> task?  Deprecate it?

* The refactored task is in a new package (taskdefs.email).  Do we need to
keep the old task classes hanging around?

* The current <mail> task ignores the message attribute if one or more files
are specified.  Is this a bug?  The refactored task always includes the
message if one is present.  Any problems with going with the new behaviour?

* By default, the refactored task will use mime or uuencode encoding, in
favour of plain encoding.  To be strictly backwards-compatible it should
default to plain, regardless of what encoders are present.  Seems a bit
pedantic, really.  Any problems with making the default mime, uuencode,
plain in that order?

Adam