ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdef s Zip.java
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:25:10 GMT

Good idea.

One potential problem, though.  One of the problems in Ant 1.x is the fact that once a setter/adder
method has been added to a task/type, it cannot be removed because other tasks/types may be
directly using it.

So, an alias facility would only be feasible if we can prevent that happening in Ant 2 (which
I think we should).  We can deal with that with a decent antlib versioning/dependency story,
or by limiting visibility of types across antlibs.  But certainly not do-able in Ant 1.

Adam