ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: What is going on in ANT1.x
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 03:51:36 GMT

Yep.  I wonder if it might not be worth having an 'experimental tasks'
section in the manual (particularly if we go with a 'deprecated tasks'
section).  Then, we could *potentially* include experimental tasks in the
release, so that people can try them out, but the disclaimer would be there
that they may change in a future release.

Too bad we don't have some way to attach meta-info to a task definition
(like in an antlib descriptor, say).  Then, we could add 'deprecated' or
'experimental' flags to the task defs, and let the user explicitly decide
whether to enable deprecated or experimental features (and have the
container take care of it all, rather then the tasks).

Of course, downloading a nightly build is a pretty explicit decision by the
user, so maybe the solution to experimental features is best left at that.

Adam