ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: TaskAdapter and execute()
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:01:27 GMT

Sure you have.  Even now, there are a couple of threads where the proposals
are being discussed and compared against Ant 1:  task lib management and
task configuration ('antlib descriptor') and classloader management ('we
need to stop the lies').  These threads have focussed on a particular
feature.  What else would you like to see us do?

Two things that I'm planning on doing soon-ish that might help:  writing
some design doco, and user guide material, and getting myrmidon to the point
where it can do basic builds, so that people can try it out.

In addition, Peter and I have been discussing myrmidon on this list - you're
more than welcome to participate.  Sure, a lot of it is specific to the
code, but a lot of general topics are also discussed.  If you see stuff you
don't like, speak up.  If you see stuff you do like, speak up.  Let us know.

> and I certainly want to be sure that whatever will be changed
> in ant2 will get the chance of a similarly rigurous analyse -
> change by change.

Absolutely.  That's why we will have a looong release cycle for Ant 2, to
give people plenty of opportunity to try stuff out, and for us to address
people's concerns.  There's no rush - we can do milestone, alpha and beta
releases for as long as we need to.

Regardless, it's early days yet, we're still experimenting with stuff.  As
the proposals mature, and features prove themselves (or not), we can spend
more time writing more material, and discussing them here.  And changing the
proposals based on feedback.

Adam