ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/testcases/org/apache/myrmidon/components/configurer ConfigTest10.java StringToMyRole1Converter.java DefaultConfigurerTest.java MyRole1.java
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 09:10:21 GMT

Absolutely.  The trick is to come up with a type definition system that lets you figure out
which types implement the role interface, while also making those same types available via
<property> or TypeInstanceTask.

I don't think it's anything incredibly difficult, just something I didn't want to tackle straight
away.  The simplest solution was just to treat everything as a DataType.  It's not a bad solution
- though it does force everything that needs to be add()'ed to implement DataType (this probably
isn't a bad thing anyway).

Any thoughts on a better solution?

Adam