ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: new ant task to update J2ME MIDP JAD files
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 08:00:59 GMT
> thanks for the thorough code review, jon

My pleasure :)

> are you signing up to commit this code, then?

I'm happy to (after a more thorough going over, preferrably not late at night :) if the other
committers are happy with it.

> another question: is it ok to use java2-specific calls in ant?

I think it's strongly discouraged. There are some times where it's absolutely necessary -
in the 1.4-specific regular expression stuff, for instance - but where possible, try to avoid
it. I don't *remember* seeing anything 1.2-specific in the code when I looked last night -
is there anything you were thinking of in particular?

Jon