ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Two possible new tasks
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:21:30 GMT
> Consider the following case. Property X has the location of a
> dependent jar
> and you need to create a fileset from that property.
> <dirname/> to get the
> dir, then <basename/> to get the filename to use and voila
> you have it ;)

Here's another one, to do with my "library faker" I posted about yesterday - it might be useful
to be able to write a task which took a jarfile specified by property X (absolute or relative)
and built a fake jarfile with the same interface (as specified by another property) in the
same directory, called fake(foo).jar, eg giving ${build.lib}/vaj.jar would create ${build.lib}/fakevaj.jar

Now admittedly I think I'd *usually* rather create them in a different directory anyway, but
Diane's task would at least make it easy to do the above if someone wanted it.

Jon