ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: "Fake" libraries to compile against
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:34:36 GMT
> > junit.jar
>
> The original already is in Ant's CVS.

Doh :)

> > I wasn't sure about the legal standing of faking JavaMail and the
> > like, on grounds of adding javax packages.
>
> They probably have the same legal implications as your faked VAJ or
> Starbase classes - don't distribute them.

I was hoping that with StarTeam and VAJ, we could ask the companies involved nicely and see
if we could get permission - they really are just stub classes, basically - but I don't think
Sun's as likely to co-operate. I could be living in a dream world thinking that anyone would
co-operate, of course...

> > Let me know if you want the program and the appropriate lists of
> > classes needed to generate the above fakes from the originals.
>
> Whoever happens to be the release manager for any Ant release should
> have it.

Righto. Well, I'll keep it around anyway - it's been one of the more pleasingly neat things
I've written. (Only took last night and a bit of fixing up this morning, too :)

Jon