ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional EchoProperties.java IContract.java NetRexxC.java PropertyFile.java RenameExtensions.java
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:43:34 GMT
> So, plans:
>
> o Put @todo back into CVS
> o Add tag option to JavaDoc task (ignore if not using 1.4?
> Warning? I'm not up on the conventions here)
> o Add todo tag option to root build.xml (?)

Okay - I think I've done all of these (and added the option to the manual) without too much
incompetence. A few effects:

o Running with -verbose on non-1.4 platforms will give a message when building the Ant javadocs.
Compared with the vast number of messages they'll get from other things, I don't think that's
really a problem.

o If the JavaDocs are built with 1.4, we get pretty "To do:" in bold followed by the text.

o We get a warning from JavaDoc saying that @todo may become a standard tag in the future
- goodo :)

I haven't managed to find any way of specifying @ant:task unfortunately. Is the source code
for JavaDoc easily available anywhere? If so, I could have a peek and try to work out some
way of avoiding it treating the first colon as a separator (\ doesn't work). Let me know if
anyone has any good ideas/luck on this front.

Jon